Thursday 19 March 2009

Carrot salad with lemon poppyseed dressing



As I promised on the last post, here is an example of salad recipe perfect for the lemon poppyseed dressing.

This is one of the winning recipes born amidst a moment of pinch, when I was left with very limited items in the fridge. The salad itself is a nice fusion of sweet and savoury. You can substitute the speck with some leftover roasted/grilled chicken breasts (and with increased quantity if you like) that will make the dish more substantial, possibly a meal by itself with some crusty bread to acocmpany it.

600-700g carrots
100g speck, thinly sliced and then julienned*
30g sultanas
50g walnuts
*lemon poppyseed dressing

soak the sultanas in just enough water, room temperature
Peel and shred the carrots using a food processor or mandolin
In a blender crush the walnuts, but not to the point of being powdered.

Toss all the ingredients. Let it rest for about half an hour for the flavour to blend in.

3 comments:

  1. I can't eat this...eewwwww! I hate vegetables! hehe, but I'll make this for Dani..mmmuaahahhaha! That evil laugh is because Dani's the one who's forced to eat it, lol. Hmm, but Dani's not a lover of veges either, I just force him to :D

    -Arien Dani-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I told you veggies are good for you, and nice to eat if it's prepared in an appetizing way!! You gotta believe me!! Carrots and its sweet taste are one of the most accessible possibilities for non-vegetable lovers... yeah have your mum try it and she will force you to eat it, mwahahahah lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihihi, my mom is quite a vege lover, she has veges all the time. As for me...hmm, I guess when pigs fly, that's when I eat veges :p Lol.

    -Arien Dani-

    ReplyDelete